Medicated Peach Upside-Down Cake
3 Tablespoons Cannabis Butter
3/4 cup light brown sugar
3-4 large peaches, peeled and sliced thick (like 3/4-inch thick)
8 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs, room temperature
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 Tablespoons baking powder, aluminum-free
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup whole milk, room temperature
- You can use a cast iron skillet or a cake pan.
- Melt Cannabis Butter and light brown sugar in your skillet or cake pan over medium-high heat and stir until the sugar has melted
- Once it begins to bubble remove from the heat and let it cool.
- Place the peach slices down in the pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Beat the 8 remaining Tablespoons Cannabis Butter and sugar together until they are fluffy.
- Beat in the vanilla, eggs in a bowl until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- Stir half of the dry ingredients into the batter.
- Stir in the milk.
- Then stir in the rest of the dry ingredients until just mixed (don’t overmix the batter).
- Pour the batter over the peaches in the pan, spreading it around to nooks and crannies in the fruit.
- Bake 45-60 minutes or until the edges of the cake pull from the sides and the center is not gooey.
- Take the pan out of the oven and let cool 20 minutes. Flip the cake onto a plate.
- The cake should release, but beware of caramelized sugar that could both burn you and make a mess. Serve warm. Serves 8-10.
See Non-Medicated Recipes Here: http://userealbutter.com/2012/09/17/peach-upside-down-cake-recipe/