Medicated Thanksgiving Gravy
Enjoy the perfect medicated Thanksgiving gravy. Gravy, along with the turkey, stuffing or dressing can be found on nearly every Thanksgiving table. With an extra kick of medicated this recipe is sure to make for a wonderful post-thanksgiving feeling.
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 Tablespoons Cannabis butter AKA The Best Weed Butter Ever!
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion (2 onions)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Defatted turkey drippings plus chicken stock to make 2 cups, heated
- 1 tablespoon Cognac or brandy
- 1 tablespoon white wine, optional
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream, optional
- In a large (10 to 12-inch) saute pan, cook the butter (cannabutter & regular) and onions over medium-low heat for 12 to 15 minutes, until the onions are lightly browned. Don’t rush this step; it makes all the difference when the onions are well-cooked.
- Sprinkle the flour into the pan, whisk in, then add the salt and pepper. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the hot chicken stock mixture and Cognac, and cook uncovered for 4 to 5 minutes until thickened. Add the wine and cream, if desired. Season, to taste, and serve.
Modified Recipe from The Food Network