Creamy Cannabutter Homemade Tomato Soup
This fresh and creamy cannabutter homemade tomato soup will warm your soul during the winter.
- 8 cups tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 chicken bullion cubes
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. season salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 T. sugar
- ½ c. onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons regular butter
- 4 Tablespoons CannaButter AKA The best weed butter ever!
- 4 T. flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Scald tomatoes. Remove skins from tomatoes. Pulse in food processor to chop until diced.
- Add tomatoes, all seasonings and sugar to large pot. Gently simmer for 20 minutes.
- Sauté onions in 2 Tablespoons butter until onions are tender. Add garlic during last minutes of sautéing. Once onions and garlic are tender add to tomatoes.
- Melt remaining 4 Tablespoons CannaButter in a sauce pan. Add flour and stir together. Continue to cook over medium heat for a minute. Gradually add milk. Whisk to make sure there aren’t any lumps. Continue cooking until thickened.
- If you don’t like chunks of tomatoes and onions in your soup, puree the tomato mixture. It’s really good with hearty chunk’s though!
- Add white sauce to tomato mixture. Heat through.
- Add half and half and cream. Stir together.
- Serve warm.
- Garnish with Parmesan Cheese or fresh basil.