Cannabis Infused Dog Treats
Did you know that humans are NOT the only mammals with cannabinoid receptors. In facts, cannabinoid receptors are found in most mammals, plus some reptiles! Cannabis can be especially helpful for older dogs suffering from hip dysplasia and glaucoma, common issues with a majority of older pets.
Cannabis helps to alleviate pain, stimulate appetite, and lead to a better quality of life. Cannabis-infused tincture is one of the best forms to cannabis to give to your pet, however, these homemade cannabis infused dog treats will have your pup licking their chops for more! Plus, the pumpkin helps to alleviate any stomach issues, and promotes healthy digestions. Plus, it’s a great way to use any leftover jack-o-lanterns from Halloween!
- 1/2 cup cooked/canned pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons powdered milk
- 3 cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon bacon grease (melted)
- 3 Tablespoons cannabis butter (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Mix your pumpkin, egg, and salt together.
- Slowly add a cup of flour at a time (until the consistency is more doughy, and less sticky)
- Roll the dough out to 1/2 inch thickness, and cut into shapes
- Bake for 20 minutes on one side, then turn over and bake another 20 minutes.
- Let the treat cool-down for 10 minutes before basting with melted bacon grease & cannabis butter.
Tools: Dog Bone Cookie Cutters $5.74 on Amazon
These Cannabis-Infused Dog Treats also make great holiday gifts: