Cannabis Infused Baklava
This Cannabis Infused Baklava recipe is a perfect blend of The Best Weed Butter Ever brushed on each and every layer of this incredible Mediterranean ambrosia. Sweetened with local honey and full of nuts in a crisp/flaky pastry.
- 1 (16 ounce) package phyllo dough
- 2 cups chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans recommended, but I personally used cashews and it turned out great!)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup of Cannabis Butter AKA The Best Weed Butter Ever
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- Take the phyllo dough out of the freezer 2 hours prior to preheating the oven, or refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter or oil the bottom of a 9 x 13 x 2-inch baking dish.
- Chop nuts finely and toss with cinnamon. Set aside.
- Unroll phyllo dough. Cut whole stack in half to fit pan. Cover phyllo with a dampened cloth to keep from drying out as you work. Place two sheets of dough in pan, butter thoroughly. Repeat until you have 8 sheets layered.
- Sprinkle 2 – 3 tablespoons of nut mixture on top. Top with two sheets of dough, butter, nuts, layering as you go. The top layer should be about 6 – 8 sheets deep.
- Using a sharp knife cut into diamond or square shapes all the way to the bottom of the pan. You may cut into 4 long rows the make diagonal cuts. Bake for about 50 minutes until baklava is golden and crisp.
- Make sauce while baklava is baking. Boil sugar and water until sugar is melted. Add vanilla, honey, and lemon zest. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Remove baklava from oven and immediately spoon sauce over it. Let cool. Serve in cupcake papers. This freezes well. Leave it uncovered as it gets soggy if it is wrapped up.