Coconut Cannabis Oil
10 Easy Steps to make Coconut Cannabis Oil
Coconut Oil is probably one of my very favorite multi-purpose oil! There are literally 101 Uses for Coconut Oil. It is most commonly used as a cooking oil because of the high smoke temperature and because it’s much healthier than butter because it is higher in monounsaturated fats. Personally, I use coconut cannabis oil in my oatmeal daily to add healthy fats to my diet and for the rich buttery-flavor.
- 2 cups or 16oz of Coconut Oil –I buy the 2-Pack Trader Joe’s brand because I use Coconut Oil for EVERYTHING!
- 6 cups water
- 1 ounce Marijuana
Equipment: Cheese cloth (to strain the weed)
- Begin by melting 2 cups of coconut oil in the crock pot on low until melted.
- Don’t grind any of the marijuana, this breaks down too much of the plant matter and will lead to chlorophyll tasting butter.
- Add 2 cups of water to the crock pot and cover.
- Keep crock pot on low for 4 hours to let the cannabis combine with the fat from the butter.
- Place the cheese cloth over a bowl and pour the liquid through the cheese cloth to strain out the plant material.
- Squeeze to extract as much of the butter/water solution as possible.
- Cover the bowl with plastic or aluminum foil and place into the fridge overnight.
- You will have a solid layer of marijuana butter on the top of the murky green/gray water
- Use a spoon, spatula, or clean fingers to collect the butter at the top and toss water. (DO NOT USE the leftover water, it’s just the waste of chlorophyll).
- Place the cannabis butter in air tight containers and place in the freezer (This keeps the marijuana butter fresh and potent).